Friday, July 28, 2006

Postcards from Portland, last day

Today the session was divided into two separate presentations, one on educating law enforcement about people with disabilities and the other, from which this report comes, covers basics of the MAP and PATH processes for person-centered planning.

Insight of the day: "Considering the nightmare scenario helps every stakeholder understand what they need desperately to avoid." -Ruth Gordon, UK.

Today the conference only goes until noon at which point I'm to be turned loose on Portland on my own recognizance.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is transparency this season's catch phrase....just like "paradigm shift" and "outcomes based measurements"....or have we some action based results out of the time and the talks taking place?
For vendors and regional center clients, are any real improvements being made or actualized today?
Our family, my son, is being served no better than 10 years ago, actually worse....in having to constantly prove his existence developmentally and educationally.
Has true activism been a part of any conference or hallway discussions?

8/22/2006 10:45 AM  
Blogger Doug The Una said...

MM, it isn't a catchphrase to me. Transparency means that which is done in darkness will be brought to light. People will get much better support when the people making decisions can't hide the fact.

8/22/2006 10:48 AM  
Blogger Minka said...

Hey, postcards...I had no idea :)
Did you get lost in Portland or something, ´cause you ar enowhere do be found!

8/23/2006 7:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

even though I'm not a stakeholder, I do find the insight of that late July day useful for me, thank you for sharing!

8/29/2006 10:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

even though I'm not a stakeholder, I do find the insight of that late July day useful for me, thank you for sharing!

Ariel

8/29/2006 10:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home